I want to start an article with beautiful words of Daisaku Ikeda – a Japanese Philosopher, author and anti-nuclear activist.
“Human rights will be a powerful force for the transformation of reality when they are not simply understood as externally defined norms of behaviour but are lived as the spontaneous manifestation of internalized values.” — Daisaku Ikeda
These words are very much related with the theme of this article “Transformation” and I observed some important Vedic Astrological patterns of planetary alignments in the year 2015 and 2016, even in 2017 these patters would create an impact on world.
I will share the information about these planetary alignments first of 2015 then 2016 means the current ongoing year. We will study about Eclipses and some other important alignments. Whenever an eclipse occurs it is always an alignment of Rahu-Ketu (North-South nodes of Moon) and these nodes are the most powerful shadow planets or mathematical points where the light is seized so it has the power to create an impact on whole world in mundane astrology and on our individual lives also.
In 2015 the eclipses occurred Virgo-Pisces axis because Rahu was in Virgo and Ketu was in Pisces.
- 20th March 2015 – Total Solar Eclipse in Pisces in Uttarabhadrapad Nakshatra
- 4th April 2015 – Total Lunar Eclipse in Virgo in Hasta Nakshatra
- 13th September 2015 – Partial Solar Eclipse
- 28th September 2015 – Total Lunar Eclipse in Pisces
During this year Saturn was transiting through Scorpio because Saturn entered in Scorpio on 2nd November 2014. Every year we experience 3-4 eclipses but I gave emphasis on year 2015 because Saturn in Scorpio is the toughest Transformation and during this period of 2 and half year transit all eclipses will be of special importance in changing the overall environment of world.
Important to mention when Ketu caused an eclipse in the sign of Pisces and Rahu-Ketu always travel backwards so Ketu marked the beginning of 18 year phase (Rahu-Ketu takes 1 8 months to travel from one sign) and on 20th March Solar eclipse occurred in Saturn’s lunar mansion Uttara Bhadrapada which showed dissolution and start of something new.
I won’t go in detail much but I had given detailed explanation of Eclipses in my article dated – 14th March 2015 on Eclipses.
Present year is the tight rope walk because many planetary alignments are important to mention.
1) Jupiter-Rahu Conjunction in Leo at final Degrees – This conjunction occurred in January 2016 at culminating degrees in Leo where Jupiter was Retrograde and this same alignment made me reminded the year 1979 where Saturn-Rahu-Jupiter all were in Leo and in that year we witnessed big events like –
- Fall of Pol Pot regime in Cambodia
- In Iran Ayatollah Khomeini took over
- Margaret Thatcher first lady UK Prime Minister
- Iranian Militants violence erupted
- Double Digit Inflation
- Soviet invasion of Afghanistan
All these events have deep relation with the theme of conjunction again of Rahu-Jup and Saturn’s 10th aspect from Scorpio on Leo made it more intense but this time the reversals of all those events in some different form because Jupiter was retrograde.
2) Five Planets Retrograde – After Jup-Rahu Conjunction then during April-May all major planets were in retrograde motion – Rahu, Ketu, Jupiter, Saturn, and Mars. I observed this happened way back in 1984 and that year was also quiet chaotic in some regions of the world.
3) Saturn-Mars Conjunction – Mars entered in Anuradha nakshatra of Saturn on 28th February and it remained with Saturn in Scorpio that too in retrograde motion for some months was the toughest period for all individuals in terms of churning of emotions.
- Total Solar Eclipse on 8th/9th March
- Penumbral Lunar Eclipse on 23rd March
- Solar Eclipse on 1st September
- Penumbral Lunar Eclipse on 16th March
More information on 2016 Eclipses in my article dated – 17th January 2016.
This year the nodal axis shifted to Leo-Aquarius means Rahu in Leo and Ketu in Aquarius which shows huge change in Power (Leo Sign) and Ketu will give some inventions (Aquarius intellectual sign). Specially from October to December the 5th all the planets are in the axis of Rahu-Ketu which are forming a combination where every planet passed over Rahu and moving towards Ketu – this shows the process of purification which is hard and tough but finally liberation through Ketu. The coming 10 months from November till next Eclipse of 2017 will be very important for the new transformed world.
In this way this year 2016 is actually a very tight rope walk for the whole world and for all individuals.
Now the next year will be of equal importance same like previous two years because of continued transit of Saturn through Scorpio but at the end of 2016 on 30th Dec Saturn will touch 27 degrees of Scorpio which is a start of “Gandant Zone”. Saturn will enter Sagittarius on 27th January 2017 and till 3 degrees of Sagittarius it will be in the Gandant Zone.
Gandant means end of Karmic Knot which is related with all the deeds of past lives so it is an extremely important travel of Saturn where it drills too deep and take out all secrets and will take right action towards humanity. Gandant zone is a zone when a planet travels from Water to Fire sign or Vice-Versa but in the whole zodiac Scorpio-Sagittarius is very important for Gandant and especially when Saturn travels.
The eclipse on 21st August 2017 will be very important when Rahu will influence Sun in Magha means Royal Power.
Now I want to sum up all these 3 years in the form of huge transformation because every time Rahu-Ketu begins 18 year period cycle but when it got begun from 2015 it marked the important transits of
- Saturn in Scorpio (Extreme Transformation)
- Jup-Rahu in Leo in Jan 2016 (Law and Order Transformation to curb Crime)
- Five planets Retrograde in 2016 (Cleaning of Mess of almost 2 decades through Transformation)
- Saturn’s Transit of Scorpio to Sagittarius through a Gandant Zone (Extreme Transformation)
- Eclipses of 2015 from Ketu in Pisces started 18 year period of Transformation
- Eclipses of 2016 and 2017 influence and showing change in Power and cleansing of Political-financial system.
- Due to transits and eclipses two important stars in zodiac activated – Regulus in Leo and Antares in Scorpio.
Whole world is getting impacted by these major changes in sky and our individual personal lives also are experiencing many changes which are all together taking this world to “Ascension”. This ignited “Healing Practices” and more people seeking spiritual development. This also shows the path of righteousness towards the betterment of humanity. I don’t want to predict more about country specific because I already feel the most impact on regions like – South East Asia Pacific region, South East Russia, East-West Coasts of America, Africa and Atlantic region. Country specific predictions would be too deep to predict but I feel more important to understand the planetary alignments rather than making predictions.
But here I would like to mention USA Presidential Elections 2016 will set a new theme for whole world and change in ruling currency. Even I feel this election would not be smooth because Chart of USA shows extreme tough time from December till March so may be Civil Unrest and some upheavel in Law & Order situation which could effect Election Process and Economic Situation all over world.
We witnessed some disturbing events like ISIS Crisis, Middle East Unrest, UnstableWorld Economic System , Severe Climatic Changes caused Hurricanes and Earthquakes because of these tough planetary alignments but there will be a hope of new ray of light will emerge out of this dark phase also.
This is how I feel 2015, 2016 and 2017 very important transformative years and may get considered the start of Transformative Era of this century with new change in power, political regimes and economic-financial system. Rule of transformation involves huge churning, dissolution of current themes and start of new theme.
I hope this small article will give some insight of current evolution in the world and how can we study planetary alignments through the lens of Vedic Astrology.